ROAR is a metaverse for musicians of all ages, levels, and tastes to play, perform, record, and share their music. Players plug any instrument or microphone into a PC and play music as their in-game avatar with other players worldwide in real-time. In each player’s virtual Studio, players can practice and play solo, invite in other players to jam in real-time, form bands, perform live for friends or the public, and record and share their music.
As a Platform Engineer for ROAR, you’ll be part of a team responsible for all platform services (both internally developed as well as those licensed from our platform services partner) that power the ROAR experience. Additionally, you’ll be part of a small, but extremely passionate team of creatives and partner closely with our player experience team to ensure the end-to-end ROAR experience is frictionless and inspirational for our players.
- Architect, develop and provide live support for all ROAR platform services and tools.
- Work closely with our platform services vendor to ensure all services for ROAR meet our standards for knowability, scalability, and overall operational maturity
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation
- Propose and socialize technical standards and best practices
- Drive collaboration and alignment with various internal stakeholders and teams
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience with scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.)
- 3+ years experience with Go or Java
- Experience working with stakeholders to identify, document, analyze, implement, and test software requirements.
- Experience with “Infrastructure as Code” tooling like Terraform and/or Ansible
- Experience with AWS offerings like EC2, EKS, S3, RDS
- Proficiency with Agile/Scrum and understanding of its value to work processes
- Strong understanding of Git or similar source control systems
- You have shipped AAA online games, ideally from conception through production, and supported the live service
- Experience with Unreal and C++
- Experience with Perforce (Helix Core)
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure at scale (compute, network, storage)
- Experience building and maintaining build and release workflows and associated infrastructure (Jenkins or similar)
- Experience with and passion for music